Specific opening hours
Monday - Sunday 8.00 am to 11.45 pm (loan requests and returns until 11.30 pm)
Monday - Sunday 8.30 am to 7.00 pm (reading rooms amd open shelf materials)
Monday - Friday 8.30 am to 7.00 pm (materials in closed stacks of historical section)
Reference service - Personalized information and advice for biblographic researches, theses and cartography
Monday - Friday from 9.00 am to 12.30 pm, from 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm
By calling n. 02.2399.2667 or by requesting an appointment at the loan desk
- Paper cartography - Tuesday and Wednesday: from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm - "Reserved consultation" - basement, building 2, piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32. Documents have to be requested by the previous day writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital cartography- Contact the Reference service
Rooms for study and research groups and individual workstations
Monday - Sunday from 8.30 am to 8.30 pm
Paid services (passes for external users, fines)
Monday - Sunday from 8.00 am to 11.30 pm
Reserved consultation - basement, building 2, piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32
(journals and books for internal consultation only as indicated in the catalogue)
Tuesday and Wednesday: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
Documents have to be requested by the previous day writing to: consultazioneriservataleonardo-asab(at)polimi.it
For general information about library services visit the section Services
- books withshelfmark BCA located on open shelf: you can borrow them,except those with the label printed in red. The books with shelfmark BCA required via the catalogue will be kept aside the following day, or the first available day when the library is closed;
- historical section: the books and the journals stored in this warehouse are available only for onsite use. Requests must be made at the circulation desk in the basement. These materials are available from Monday to Friday;
- reserved consultation room - basement, building 2, piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32: the paper cartographic materialand some books and journals here stored are available only for onsite use. As you can read on the catalogue, these documents have to be requested by the previous day writing to email@example.com;
- the collections from the ex department libraries and a part of the collection from the ex Central Engineering Library are stored in external storehouses. These documents may be requested and they are available as shown in red on the online catalogue and are taken twice a week;
- Consultation of post-graduate and PhD theses:
The post graduate theses are kept in a remote deposit, from which they are taken every two weeks upon request made by the Catalog.
Consultation requests can be made in person in the library or by calling 02.2392667. The theses will be available in the library from the sixth day following the taking. It is advisable to contact the library to confirm the availability of the thesis. Below is the calendar of terms within which to make the request:
january: tuesday 10th; tuesday 24th
february: tuesday 7th; tuesday 21st
march: tuesday 7th; tuesday 21st
april: tuesday 4th; tuesday 18th
may: tuesday 9th; tuesday 23rd
june: tuesday 6th; tuesday 20th
- photocopy and scanner machines: 3 self-service machines are available at the basement, one of which in colour. The cards are put up for sale at the loan desk. You cannot photocopy antique and valuable materials, damaged books and large format books;
- rooms for study and research groups: 3 rooms are available in the basement. The reservation is possible through the app Afluences. More information;
- rooms for individual study: 2 mobile workstations (wallet) and 4 litte rooms for individual study (carrels) are available in the basement. The reservation is possible through the app Affluence. More information;
- from workstations in the library you can access Politecnico websites, catalogues and subscribed electronic resources (e-journals, databases, e-books).
If you need support or further information:
- you can contact the Reference service
- you can write to Ask@yourlibrary service
- you can make an appointment via Teams
The Leonardo Campus Library was born in 2017, and it is the result of the confluence of different collections:
- the collection from the ex Central Architecture Library: italian and foreign scientific works mainly dedicated to architecture, art, town planning, design, interior design, landscapes, restoration and museology.
There are also the texts adopted and recommended for graduate courses in the school of architecture.
- the most used part of the collection from the ex Central Engineering library: italian and foreign scientific works on, engineering, applied sciences, pure sciences, statistics, history, industrial history.
There are also the texts adopted and recommended for graduate courses in the schools of Engineering.
- the collections from the ex department libraries.
- the cartographic material previously stored at TeDOC.
Books published from 1970 (shelfmark BCA) are located on open shelves on the basis of the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC).
A lot of journals are available, some of which on current subscription.
A selection of journals is available on open shelves.
Historical Section includes general reference works, books published until 1969, books in big format, rare and valuable books, out of print books. This section includes also some journals.
You can find all books and journals available in the library searching the catalogue or using the discovery tool BIBLIOSEARCH.
Head of Leonardo libraries and Poliprint Unit: Carmela Cirulli, ph. 02.2399.6934, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager of Campus Life Division: Chiara Pesenti, ph. 02.2399.2428, e-mail email@example.com
Maria Benedetto - ph. 02.2399.2668 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Vittorino Caliaro - ph. 02.2399.5520 - e-mail email@example.com
Mariacristina Carlone - ph. 02.2399.8603 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Giuseppina Colombo - ph. 02.2399.2689 - e-mail email@example.com
Giancarlo Decò - ph. 02.2399.2684 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Domenica Fiorentino - ph. 02.2399.7810 - e-mail email@example.com
Elena Gambazza - ph. 02.2399.2691 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucilla Lalumera - ph. 02.2399.2634 - e-mail email@example.com
Stefania Lorusso - ph. 02.2399.2608 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Isabella Montecchi - ph. 02.2399.2655 - e-mail email@example.com
Maria Grazia Petese - ph. 02.2399.2656 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniela Piscitelli - ph. 02.2399.2680 e-mail email@example.com