Services for the public: 02.2399.2685/2680
Reference service: 02.2399.2667
Reserved consultation: 02.2399.2687
To access the library you always need your university ID card (Policard).
The number of places available is reduced to 182 in order to allow the social distancing.
From 8 am to 8 pm it is compulsory to reserve your seat through the Affluences app.
You have to wear a face mask while staying in the library.
Further information about the libraries' services from 31st August 2020 is available in the Notices section.
For general information about library services visit the section Services
- Books withshelfmark BCA located on open shelf: you can borrow them,except those with the label printed in red. The books with shelfmark BCA required via the catalogue will be kept aside the following day, or the first available day when the library is closed
- Historical Section: the books and the journals stored in this warehouse are available only for onsite use. Requests must be made at the circulation desk in the basement
- Reserved consultation room - basement, building 2, piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32: the paper cartographic materialand some books and journals here stored are available only for onsite use. As you can read on the catalogue, these documents have to be requested by the previous day writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- the collections from the ex department libraries and a part of the collection from the ex Central Engineering Library are stored in external storehouses. These documents may be requested and they are available as shown in red on the online catalogue. The waiting times are different depending on where the storehouse is located: documents from Leonardo storehouses may be delivered in 1 working day, while documents from Bovisa storehouses are collected twice a week
- 4self-service photocopy and scanner machines are available, one of which in colour. You cannot pfotocopy antique and valuable materials, damaged books and large format books
- 3 rooms for study and research groups are available in the basement. More information
- 2 mobile workstations (wallet) and 4 litte rooms for individual study (carrels) are available in the basemeent. They are reserved for professors and BSc and MSc thesis student. More information
- e-book corner: in the basement you can read on tablets some of most used e-books. You can request the tablets at the circulation desk
- from workstations in the library you can access Politecnico websites, catalogues and subscribed electronic resources (e-journals, databases, e-books )
If you need support or further information:
The Leonardo Campus Library was born in 2017, and it is the result of the confluence of different collections:
- the collection from the ex Central Architecture Library: italian and foreign scientific works mainly dedicated to architecture, art, town planning, design, interior design, landscapes, restoration and museology.
There are also the texts adopted and recommended for graduate courses in the school of architecture.
- the most used part of the collection from the ex Central Engineering library: italian and foreign scientific works on, engineering, applied sciences, pure sciences, statistics, history, industrial history.
There are also the texts adopted and recommended for graduate courses in the schools of Engineering.
- the collections from the ex department libraries.
- the cartographic material previously stored at TeDOC.
Books published from 1970 (shelfmark BCA) are located on open shelves on the basis of the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC).
A lot of journals are available, some of which on current subscription.
A selection of journals is available on open shelves.
Historical Section includes general reference works, books published until 1969, books in big format, rare and valuable books, out of print books. This section includes also some journals.
Head of Leonardo libraries and Poliprint Unit: Carmela Cirulli, ph. 02.2399.6934, e-mail: email@example.com
Manager of Campus Life Division: Chiara Pesenti, ph. 02.2399.2428, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Benedetto - ph. 02.2399.2668 - e-mail email@example.com
Vittorino Caliaro - ph. 02.2399.5520 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariacristina Carlone - ph. 02.2399.8603 - e-mail email@example.com
Donatella Ceré - ph. 02.2399.4117 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Giuseppina Colombo - ph. 02.2399.2689 - e-mail email@example.com
Giancarlo Decò - ph. 02.2399.2684 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Domenica Fiorentino - ph. 02.2399.7810 - e-mail email@example.com
Elena Gambazza - ph. 02.2399.2691 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucilla Lalumera - ph. 02.2399.2634 - e-mail email@example.com
Stefania Lorusso - ph. 02.2399.2608 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Isabella Montecchi - ph. 02.2399.2655 - e-mail email@example.com
Maria Grazia Petese - ph. 02.2399.2656 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniela Piscitelli - ph. 02.2399.2680 e-mail email@example.com
Gianmario Travaglini - ph. 02.2399.2685 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org