Monday - Sunday 8.00 am to 11.45 pm (loan requests and returns until 11.30 pm)
Monday - Sunday 8.30 am to 7.00 pm (reading rooms amd open shelf materials)
Monday - Friday 8.30 am to 7.00 pm (materials in closed stacks of historical section)
Reference service - Personalized information and advice
Monday - Friday from 9.00 am to 12.30 pm, from 1.30 pm to 4.00 pm
By calling n. 02.2399.2667 or by requesting an appointment at the loan desk
- Paper cartography - Tuesday and Wednesday: from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm - "Reserved consultation" - basement, building 2, piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32. Documents have to be requested by the previous day writing to: email@example.com
- Digital cartography- Contact the Reference service
More information at BCL-Cartography
Rooms for study and research groups and individual workstations
Monday - Sunday from 8.30 am to 9.00 pm
Paid services (passes for external users, fines)
Monday - Sunday from 8.00 am to 11.30 pm
Reserved consultation - basement, building 2, piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32
(journals and books for internal consultation only as indicated in the catalogue)
Tuesday and Wednesday: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
Documents have to be requested by the previous day writing to: consultazioneriservataleonardo-asab(at)polimi.it
For general information about library services visit the section Services
- books withshelfmark BCA located on open shelf: you can borrow them,except those with the label printed in red. The books with shelfmark BCA required via the catalogue will be kept aside the following day, or the first available day when the library is closed;
- historical section: the books and the journals stored in this warehouse are available only for onsite use. Requests must be made at the circulation desk in the basement. These materials are available from Monday to Friday;
- reserved consultation room - basement, building 2, piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32: the paper cartographic materialand some books and journals here stored are available only for onsite use. As you can read on the catalogue, these documents have to be requested by the previous day writing to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- the collections from the ex department libraries and a part of the collection from the ex Central Engineering Library are stored in external storehouses. These documents may be requested and they are available as shown in red on the online catalogue and are taken twice a week;
- Consultation of post-graduate and PhD theses: Theses will be withdrawn from the external deposit every 4 weeks. The 2022 calendar foresees the following dates for the withdrawal: 28th January, 25th February, 25th March, 22nd April, 27th May, 24th June, 22nd July, 23rd September, 21st October, 18th November, 16th December. Consultation requests must be made in person in the library or by calling 02.23992667 within 2 days prior to the withdrawal indicated in the calendar. The theses will be available for consultation from the week following the date of collection;
- photocopy and scanner machines: 3 self-service machines are available at the basement, one of which in colour. The cards are put up for sale at the loan desk. You cannot photocopy antique and valuable materials, damaged books and large format books;
- 3 rooms for study and research groups are available in the basement. More information;
- 2 mobile workstations (wallet) and 4 litte rooms for individual study (carrels) are available in the basemeent. They are reserved for professors and BSc and MSc thesis student. More information;
- from workstations in the library you can access Politecnico websites, catalogues and subscribed electronic resources (e-journals, databases, e-books).
If you need support or further information:
The Leonardo Campus Library was born in 2017, and it is the result of the confluence of different collections:
- the collection from the ex Central Architecture Library: italian and foreign scientific works mainly dedicated to architecture, art, town planning, design, interior design, landscapes, restoration and museology.
There are also the texts adopted and recommended for graduate courses in the school of architecture.
- the most used part of the collection from the ex Central Engineering library: italian and foreign scientific works on, engineering, applied sciences, pure sciences, statistics, history, industrial history.
There are also the texts adopted and recommended for graduate courses in the schools of Engineering.
- the collections from the ex department libraries.
- the cartographic material previously stored at TeDOC.
Books published from 1970 (shelfmark BCA) are located on open shelves on the basis of the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC).
A lot of journals are available, some of which on current subscription.
A selection of journals is available on open shelves.
Historical Section includes general reference works, books published until 1969, books in big format, rare and valuable books, out of print books. This section includes also some journals.
Head of Leonardo libraries and Poliprint Unit: Carmela Cirulli, ph. 02.2399.6934, e-mail: email@example.com
Manager of Campus Life Division: Chiara Pesenti, ph. 02.2399.2428, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Benedetto - ph. 02.2399.2668 - e-mail email@example.com
Vittorino Caliaro - ph. 02.2399.5520 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariacristina Carlone - ph. 02.2399.8603 - e-mail email@example.com
Giuseppina Colombo - ph. 02.2399.2689 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Giancarlo Decò - ph. 02.2399.2684 - e-mail email@example.com
Domenica Fiorentino - ph. 02.2399.7810 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Elena Gambazza - ph. 02.2399.2691 - e-mail email@example.com
Lucilla Lalumera - ph. 02.2399.2634 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Stefania Lorusso - ph. 02.2399.2608 - e-mail email@example.com
Isabella Montecchi - ph. 02.2399.2655 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Grazia Petese - ph. 02.2399.2656 e-mail email@example.com
Daniela Piscitelli - ph. 02.2399.2680 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org