Skip to main content

The Favini fonds (1942-2002)

Aldo Favini, Chiesa di Nostra Signora della Misericordia a Baranzate di Bollate (MI), 1956, con A. Mangiarotti e B. Morassutti. Cantiere.

Aldo Pio Favini (1916 - 2013)

After graduating in engineering in Rome in 1942 Favini was an important pre-compressed reinforced concrete innovator. After World War Two he moved to Milan and began working with engineer Mario Tamburini, owner of the Tamburini building company, for whom he worked as technical director. In 1956 he opened his own professional studio in Milan. Alongside his design work Favini also did theoretical work for the principal technical and architecture periodicals.
The fonds comprises 197 drawing tubes, 66 document packets, 1 photographic album, 25 ring binders, 3 models, 10 framed designs and 5 photographic panels.  The Aldo Favini studio library, an integral part of the fonds, is made up of 350 books and a small collection of technical reviews.

Held at the Archivi Storici since January 2012.

Additional documentation
Undergoing arrangement and inventory.

The Fondazione Aldo Pio Favini ed Anna Gatta site set up in 2011 is also of note: