THE ENGINEERING DESIGN PRIMER
Created to support senior-level courses/modules in product design, K. L. Richard’s Engineering Design Primer reflects the author’s deep experience in engineering product management and design. The combination of specific engineering design processes within the broader context of creative, team-based product design makes this book the ideal resource for project-based coursework. Starting with design concepts and tasks, the text then explores materials selection, optimisation, reliability, statistics, testing and economic factors – all supported with real-life examples. Student readers will gain a practical perspective of the work they’ll be doing as their engineering careers begin.
- Presents the design, development and life-cycle management of engineered products
- Builds the skills and knowledge needed for students to succeed in their capstone design projects
- Brings design concepts alive with practical examples and descriptions
- Emphasises the team dynamics needed in engineering practice
- Examines probability, reliability, testing and life-cycle management of engineered product