During this period we are trying to support teaching and research activities by increasing as much as possible the number of online resources available through the proxy 24 hours a day 7 days a week: we have access to 18,900 e-journals, more than 37,000 ebooks, 57 databases of various disciplinary fields.
Remember that you can view the resources on subscription from home only by configuring the proxy on your computer and generating proxy credentials, which are different from institutional credentials. Find the instructions here.
If you need further information, write to: Ask @ your library
We also let you know that to facilitate the study and research activities during this period of health emergency, some publishers have made available for free resources that are usually not included in our subscriptions.
There resources are:
- Art & Architecture Source: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&custid=s3437107&groupid=main&profile=ehost&defaultdb=asu – until 30th June
- EBSCO EngineeringCore eBooks Collection: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&custid=s3437107&groupid=main&profile=ehost&defaultdb=e230tww – until 30th June
- EBSCO OnArchitecture https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&custid=s3437107&groupid=main&site=onarchtril&return=y - until 30th June
- EBSCO The Belt and the Road Initiative Reference Source https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid,sso&custid=s3437107&groupid=main&profile=ehost&defaultdb=obo - until 30th June
- Cambridge University Press: piattaforma integrata Cambridge Core https://www.cambridge.org/core - until 30th June
- Springer textbooks https://www.springernature.com/gp/librarians/news-events/all-news-articles/industry-news-initiatives/free-access-to-textbooks-for-institutions-affected-by-coronaviru/17855960 - until 31st July
- Royal Society journals https://royalsociety.org/journals/ - until a date to be defined
- Banca dati JoVE: https://www.jove.com/ - until 15th June
A sfort description of the resources follows::
Art & Architecture Source
It is the largest full text database for research on Arts, Decorative Arts, Architecture and Design. With a strong international coverage, it provides hundreds of full-text art journals and books, as well as detailed indexing, abstracts and a database of 63,000 Picture Desk images.
Art & Architecture Source includes journals in several languages, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Dutch. It is also designed to meet all needs, including those of art students, artists, designers, students and researchers.
- Over 780 full text journals (for example the journal Detail)
- About 220 full text books
- Detailed indexing and abstracts of the main academic journals, newspapers and sector publications
- Collection of over 63,000 images provided by Picture Desk and other sources
- Record of artistic reproductions
- Retrospective coverage from 1914
Topics: Advertising art, Antiquity, Archeology, Architecture and architecture history, History of art, Contemporary art, Costume design, Handicraft, Applied arts, Folk art, Graphic arts, Industrial design, Interior design, Landscape architecture , Cinematography, Museology, Non-Western art, Painting, Photography, Ceramics, Printing, Sculpture, Television, Textiles, Videos.
EBSCO EngineeringCore eBooks Collection
The collection provides access to high quality content, designed for students, professors, researchers and professionals in the sector.
The main topics covered are: Chemical and biochemical engineering, Civil and construction engineering, earth sciences and agriculture, Electrical engineering, Environmental engineering, industrial management, manufacturing and industrial processes, materials sciences, mechanical engineering, biomedical and pharmacological engineering, metallurgy , extraction, physics.
Among the main editors of the e-books included in the collection we cite for example: Artech House Publishers, ASM International, Elsevier, Fairmont Press, John Wiley & Sons, Smithers Rapra Technology, Trans Tech Publications, World Scientific
OnArchitecture is a unique online library of original architecture-related videos intended to support architectural and design education. The collection features video interviews with influential contemporary architects from around the world, who talk directly to the camera about their work, design processes, and the role of architects and architecture in contemporary society. These interviews are supplemented by video portraits of their key projects, both buildings and installations, which attempt to capture the physical experience of the spaces they portray. OnArchitecture provides focused and detailed high-quality content on contemporary architecture with a global perspective.
EBSCO The Belt and the Road Initiative Reference Source
The Belt and Road Initiative Reference Source is a unique full-text database supporting the study of the Belt and Road Initiative. It provides thousands of scholarly journals from dozens of countries covering business trends, infrastructure, research collaboration and trade opportunities related to the initiative.
Cambridge University Press: Cambridge Core
About 400 textbooks on different disciplines. The English free textbooks are included in the A-Z list of the e-books available and can be found also through the libraries' search engine.
Royal Society journals
journals in the field of physical and biological sciences
JoVE creates the ultimate solutions for advancing research and science education by making and publishing videos of scientific experiments from the top laboratories around the globe.
By allowing scientists, educators and students to see the intricate details of cutting-edge experiments rather than read them in text articles, JoVE increases STEM research productivity and student learning, saving their institutions time and money.
That’s why today more than 1,000 of the world’s top universities, colleges, hospitals and biotech companies depend on JoVE to maximize productivity, efficiency and successful outcomes.
JoVE creates scientific videos for two unique resources: JoVE Video Journal and JoVE Science Education Library:
1) JoVE video journal
JoVE publishes the leading peer-reviewed, PubMed-indexed video methods journal. Articles consist of high-quality video demonstrations and detailed text protocols which facilitate scientific reproducibility and productivity. The scope of the journal includes novel techniques, innovative applications of existing techniques, and gold standard protocols in the physical and life sciences.
2) JoVE Science Education
Educators and students use our innovative video collections in the JoVE Science Education Library to better teach and learn key concepts and fundamental techniques at the undergraduate course level. These simple, easy-to-understand video demonstrations cover a wide range of STEM subjects including Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Psychology, Clinical Medicine and Engineering.