Lombardo-veneto Cadastre

Formation

The Lombardo-Veneto Cadastre was implemented starting from 1854 with the aim of remedying the disparity emerging from the Lombardo-Veneto Commission's investigations and establishing a uniform cadastre for the entire Lombardo-Veneto Kingdom.
The new census was continued without substantial interruption also after the unification of the Kingdom of Italy.
In 1877, all Lombardy and Veneto regions, both those newly censused as well as those still with the old census, were brought together into a single cadastre and, for the latter, continuation of the new census was ordered; work on the new census was suspended in 1887.

For the surveys, the same technical tools as in the previous century were used.
Unit of measurement: metre (introduced by Napoleon) and metric or census perch (1,000 square metres)

Maps

The maps of the Lombardo-Veneto Cadastre replace those of 1722 (Teresian Cadastre) and the Napoleonic maps; they are organized into modular sheets, summarily coloured with watercolours only to highlight buildings, waterways and the road network.

 

Cultivated land, marked by the parcel number, are neither coloured nor have the graphic symbols that in the eighteenth century maps differentiated the crops.
The maps and parcels are indicated by a sequential numbering system that refers to a separately compiled register.